For most people, diets often do not work. The vast majority of people who go on a diet to lose weight will eventually gain all of the weight back. To lose the weight for good you need to make permanent lifestyle changes. Even weight loss surgery is not a magic bullet and requires a commitment to a healthier way of living after the surgery. While this is a tough goal it is not impossible. Check out the tips below to learn ways to transform your diet and lifestyle to get healthier.
- Make a list of the reasons that you want to lose weight. Is it to improve your health? Is it to be able to be more active with your kids? Laying out your reasons for weight loss can help you to accomplish your goal.
- Mentally be ready to make the change. This goes for surgical solutions like the Lap Band as much as it does for a supervised weight loss program. If you are not committed to the change, it won’t take effect.
- Keep your goals realistic. If you aim for an unhealthy weight loss goal, you risk failure, which can short circuit the whole endeavor. A pound a week is a good, workable weight loss goal.
- Explore healthy and delicious foods. If you don’t enjoy what you eat, it will be harder to stick to good habits. Try new seasonings and preparation methods like roasting that are low in fat but provide plenty of flavor to food.
- Find an active hobby you enjoy. If you hate running on the treadmill, it will be hard to stick with it. Try dance, yoga or swimming at a Denton health club, instead.
- Give yourself permission to mess up. If you slip up don’t consider that the end of your plans. Start over with a clean slate the next day.