Posted - November 18, 2011

Proteins and Carbs after Obesity Surgery

If you have recently undergone band surgery in Plano, it is important to monitor your protein and carbohydrate intake.

Sufficient protein intake is vital. Protein supplies the major amino acids that are necessary to uphold the body. It develops tissue, replenishes cells, and constructs enzymes and hormones. The protein delivers the indispensable building blocks.

It is estimated that the patients eating optimally following band surgery in Plano get about 30 – 40g of protein each day. The finest sources of proteins are meats, eggs, milk and cheese, beans, lentils, soybeans and their byproducts, and nuts. Red meat can be challenging for several after band placement, and for this reason fish is often a good source to consume protein. Fish, chicken, and eggs ought to be your chief source of protein. Dairy foods can likewise provide a beneficial volume of protein.

Carbohydrates and fats are the powers that operate the body. They offer the vigor to keep the temperature regular while empowering the organs and systems to accomplish their vocation. It likewise permits the amino acids to be formulated into protein. Around 70% of the energy we hold is depleted solely to preserve the body. The other 30% is used to supply energy for the happenings of day-to-day activities.

Monitoring your protein and carbohydrate intake will help to keep you healthy after your stomach bypass in Plano.


ATTENTION patients of Dr. Al-Kalla

Dr. Al-Kalla will be leaving Weight Loss Specialists of North Texas at the end of July. If you would like continue as his patient, please let us know and we can assist in getting your medical records transferred.

You may also choose to stay with Weight Loss Specialists of North Texas and we’ll gladly transfer your care to another provider on staff.

Thank you.