When you begin your weight loss journey after surgery, getting organized is key for being successful in your endeavor. Here’s a list of some of the things you need to have together in order to be successful:
- Food diary: Be sure to have a food diary with a pen or pencil accessible at all times so you can be accountable for your eating.
- Measuring cups and spoons: Measuring cups and spoons are some of the most important tools to utilize when trying to lose weight because they prevent you from overeating. Make sure you have both available to you in an easily accessible location.
- Recipes: Organize all your recipes and have them in a book or box in your kitchen. This will help you avoid snacking and ordering out.
- Grocery lists: Create your grocery lists every week on the same day and make yourself go shopping. When you don’t have the right foods in the house, you will be more likely to lapse and eat something unhealthy.
- Get your exercise equipment ready: If you are using a treadmill, stationary bike or other indoor equipment, make sure it is ready to go. Remove the clothes that are hanging on it and set it up so it is ready to go. If you are using free weights or resistance bands, make sure you have them together with all your other exercise materials.
Do you have more thoughts on ways to get organized for weight loss success? Share your experience with others who may be just starting out or having difficulty.