Posted - January 7, 2013

Sleep Soundly after Weight Loss Surgery

Diet & exercise—together, the two have become synonymous with weight loss, but you may want to add one more thing to that conjunction after weight loss surgery: sleep. Tossing and turning at night can leave you drained of energy the next day, making you far more likely to skip your workout plans or seek a quick energy boost from food. Learn More
Posted - December 4, 2012

Slip ups and Weight Gain after Weight Loss Surgery

About 80 percent of people who get sleeve gastrectomy surgery or gastric bypass in Dallas are successful at losing weight and keeping their weight off long term. But what about the other 20 percent? What can you do to ensure that you are part of the success group, and not part of the group left searching for more ways to lose weight? Learn More
Posted - November 26, 2012

At Home with Weight Loss

After weight loss surgery, the Dallas area will have just as many unhealthy temptations as it did before. Though you now have the tools to make your weight loss dreams a reality, your environment can have a big influence on your habits, and this can both help and hurt your progress. Learn More
Posted - November 20, 2012

Words of Wisdom

Do you have a favorite quote? This is a question you may stumble across when creating your Facebook profile, but it’s also a valuable one to ask after bariatric surgery. Though quotes may not seem like much at first glance, their complexities become clearer as we begin to digest and understand them. The right quotes can teach us a great deal about the human experience and even suggest behaviors for us to emulate and aspire to. Learn More
Posted - November 6, 2012

Get Slim at Your Gym

Where do you work out? If you’ve been taking advantage of the beautiful fall weather in Dallas, then you might be spending your workouts at a local park or outside in your neighborhood. Others may prefer sticking to the comfort of home, burning calories with a fitness DVD or at-home exercise equipment. Learn More
Posted - August 29, 2012

Achieving Weight Loss with a Beginner’s mind

You should strive for constant learning and improvement after a weight loss surgery like sleeve gastrectomy. It’s rare, if not impossible, for us to know everything there is to know about a single subject, even in our field of expertise. Though you may devote years to improving your lifestyle after weight loss surgery, there will always be more ways to improve and enrich your life with healthy habits. Learn More
Posted - August 22, 2012

The Firm Foundation of Yoga

Of course we are talking about yoga, which is one of the world’s most enduring workouts for many reasons. With its gentle, non-aerobic movements and practices that appeal to many different skill levels, yoga can help just about anyone, anywhere build up strength, flexibility and balance. These attributes may help it meet your bariatric surgeon’s approval as a weight loss workout, but one other factor makes yoga especially beneficial for weight loss: it has a calming, meditative effect on the mind. Learn More

Stay in the Know

Keep up-to-date on the latest tips, news, advancements and more in the area of weight loss.

The form is loading

Follow us on Social!