One of the best strategies to lose weight and improve your general health is to be mindful in your eating habits. Even after weight loss surgery, you will need to modify how you eat to enjoy the full results. Cultivate the habits below to make eating healthily a natural part of your life.
- One: Always sit while you eat. Do not eat standing in the kitchen, or unconsciously snack while working around the house. By always sitting, you make eating a conscious, planned act.
- Two: Think about the benefits of the foods you eat instead of choosing foods based on cravings. By consciously picking foods that are healthy, you can improve your diet. You can find healthful and delicious foods such as whole grain breads and fresh vegetables at most Fort Worth markets.
- Three: Learn to put as much food as you will eat in one serving on your plate. Eliminating seconds means that you better control how much you eat. It may take some time to be able to fill the plate just enough by sight, but it is worth it.
- Four: Cultivate a grateful attitude for food. Thinking more consciously about foods after bariatric surgery can help you be satisfied with less.
- Five: Chew slowly and savor your food. It takes time for your stomach to send the message that you are full up to your brain.
- Six: Pace yourself by pausing often. Enjoy a glass of water with lemon in between bites.
- Seven: Make eating a pleasurable ritual. Choose attractive plates, light candles, or meditate while you finish your meal.