Have you been promising yourself that you’ll get more exercise, but have a problem finding the time to work out? Today’s schedules are undeniably hectic, but that doesn’t mean you have to give up on your goal to get fit. Try these tips for fitting fitness into a busy life.
6 Ways to Find Time for Fitness
- Start a walking group at work. Instead of taking an extended lunch at a nearby restaurant, use the time to encourage one another to be more active.
- Replace coffee breaks with fitness breaks. If you can, take a few 10-minute breaks during the day to walk. You don’t have to get your exercise in all at once for it to count!
- Turn household chores into physical activities. Do laundry, mop the floors, or do other housework at a pace that gets your heart pumping. Try setting a timer to get you moving.
- Turn TV time into active time. Try using free weights or riding a stationary bike while you watch your favorite shows.
- Get your family involved in being active. Use your family time to go for family walks or bike rides. Consider playing catch in the backyard instead of a video game indoors.
- Wake up 30 minutes early. Studies show that people who work out first thing in the morning are more likely to stick with a fitness routine. Set your alarm a little earlier and take a walk or jog around the neighborhood before your morning shower.